The Essential Qualities of a Gestational Carrier
Compassion and commitment — are two of the most essential qualities to become a gestational carrier for the leading surrogacy program in Nuevo Vallarta Mexico.
There are a number of other factors, however, which need to be taken into consideration. While surrogacy agencies across the globe have slightly varying criteria, CARE Surrogacy in Mexico works meticulously in advocating the highest standards of care and consideration every step of the process.
With well-regarded standards, the requirements below are an accurate and thorough representation of those factors which are taken into consideration when the CARE team reviews an application for a prospective gestational carrier.
Gestational Carrier Requirements
Qualified gestational carrier applicants for CARE:
- Are willing to help deserving singles and couples build a family
- Are healthy women between the ages of 21-39
- Are US citizens or have permanent residency status
- Capable of clearing a criminal background check
- Have delivered and raised a child of their own
- Do not participate in certain government aid programs
- Live in a stable, healthy environment
- Absent of STD’s, cancer, and prior chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- Have uncomplicated pregnancy history; no more than 2 C-sections*
- Have had no more than 5 vaginal deliveries
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of ≤ 32
- Do not use illegal drugs, smoke cigarettes, or abuse alcohol
- Have ability to provide medical records
- Are willing to undergo psychological evaluation
- Are willing to undergo required medical testing; including partner
- Have the support of a partner, family and friend